Monday 22 July 2013

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Paperback, 387 pages
Published February 16th 2012 by Bantam Press (first published October 31st 2011)
ISBN 0593059824 (ISBN13: 9780593059821)

Blurb: "I've lost it. :( The only thing in the world I wasn't supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It's been in Magnus's family for three generations. And now, the very same day his parents are coming, I've lost it. The very same day. Do not hyperventilate, Poppy. Stay positive!! :)

A couple of glasses of bubbly with the girls at a charity do and Poppy's life has gone into meltdown. Not only has she lost her engagement ring, but in the panic that followed, she's lost her phone too. As she paces shakily round the hotel foyer she spots an abandoned phone in a bin. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number with the hotel staff. It was meant to be!

Except the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn't agree. He wants his phone back, and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, phone messages and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents, can things get any more tangled?"

Sophie Kinsella's books never fail to make me laugh and this is no exception!

Poppy is a great character, who I related to really well although sometimes her actions were a bit extreme and bordering on the ridiculous. Having taken the random phone and offering to forward messages to Sam (the owner of the phone) while she waits to find her ring, she starts taking matters in his life into her own hands. While this is funny it also kind of annoyed me as in real life that would never be acceptable behaviour. However, this is the only thing that I can critique the novel on. The conversations between Sam and Poppy were definitely my favourite parts of the novel.

This is a lovely, light-hearted read which is really good fun. Be warned you will probably laugh out loud causing weird looks to head your way!

9 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)