Friday, 18 January 2013
Liebster Blog Award
I would like to thank four lovely people for nominating me for this award, it was such a great surprise when I found out!
1. YA Midnight Reads
2. Weakling No. 14
3. Amy BookWorm
4. Bookaholic Corner
They all have such amazing blogs and I hope mine will improve and someday be like theirs!
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have under 200 followers. The presenter should give it to blogs that should be recognised. 'Liebster' in German means best so I guess this award is for the best blog in your opinion.
1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter and link back to them in your own post
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by your presenter, state 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees
3. Present the Liebster Award to 11 bloggers who you think deserve the award with under 200 followers and leave a comment on their blog telling them that you nominated them.
4. Copy and Paste the award on your blog
I have a lot of questions to get through, so here goes!
Questions from YA Midnight Reads:
1.What is your biggest pet peeve?
People walking really slowly and taking up the whole pavement without moving aside for other people. Also, people who talk in the cinema.
2.What do you like to do other than reading?
Watch tv and films, play the flute, meet up with friends, explore new places.
3.Do you have a habit of buying lots and lots of books?
Yes! It is becoming a bit of an issue space-wise in my room. Four bookshelves is not enough!!
4.What is your guilty obsession?
Umm reading haha. Also, I love watching The Vampire Diaries
5.Do you have a piercing?
My ears are pierced.
6.Are you a morning person?
7.What is the funniest joke you've ever heard?
On the TV show Miranda, her friend gives her a muffin to eat which she takes a big bite out of and then spits out. She then says “Savoury muffins?! Savoury muffins?! I don’t know you anymore, Gary”. It’s funnier when you watch it...
8.What is your favourite childhood book?
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis
9.Do you still like to watch children's TV shows?
Not really, although it’s funny watching really old ones back sometimes.
10.How long do you spend blogging a day?
I don’t blog everyday at the moment, I’ve only just started and I’m still trying to figure things out.
11.Do you think that dogs are better than cats?
Dogs as a species are better, but friendly cats are lovely too!
Questions from Weakling No. 14:
The 11 questions from http://weaklingno14.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/leibster-blog-award.html :
1. Create your own bad boy character.
I will call him Sean Harrison, he’s tall with dark hair and green eyes. Funny and sarcastic, he doesn’t care what anyone thinks of him.
2. Do you want Selena Gomez and Justin Beiber to be together?
I have to say that I don’t really care. If people will stop talking about it I will say no.
3. Are you subscribed to any YouTubers? If so, who?
Ummm no I don’t have a youtube account.
4. Your favourite piece of lyrics.
At the moment it’s: “On the green bank I sit contented and I do not want to roam, and you will often catch me smiling happy, on the green bank I call my home” by The Man Who Loves You (a small band from Plymouth, England)
5. What's the one thing you love about yourself, without any doubt?
Going for physical traits, I love the colour of my eyes, they seem like a normal brown colour, but in the light they’re kind of a golden brown with a dark edge.
6. Is there anything about yourself you wish you could change?
I wish I could be more confident and chatty.
7. Worcester Sauce or Roast Chicken?
8. Favourite item of clothing? (Mine is my pyjamas and ankle socks...Thats two, but I can't choose :P)
I really like my onesie that I got for Christmas. It’s white with Christmassy patterns in red, including reindeer. It’s comfy, even if I can’t wear it out of the house.
9. Favourite book cover?
That’s a tough one! I really like the covers of the Trylle series by Amanda Hocking
10. Favourite heroine?
Elizabeth Bennet, Pride and Prejudice
11. Which do you like better on books, bylines or covers? (I just love me a good byline ;P)
The covers, because that’s the first thing that makes me notice a book, even if I know you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover!
Questions from Amy BookWorm:
1.Do you like this colour font?
Yes (Sorry I couldn't work out how to keep it in my post!)
2.What foreign languages do you speak?
French and Italian
3.Favourite type of music?
4.What is your favourite book with a movie adaptation? And why?
Pride and Prejudice, the BBC version, because it’s so well made, funny and really well acted.
5. Do you enter book giveaways? If so, how many have you won?
I haven't yet
6. Do you ever smell books? If not, is it because you prefer digital books?
Yes I love the smell of books, particularly old ones in libraries.
7. Hardcover or paperback?
Hardbacks are prettier but paperbacks are easier to read and cheaper, so I'd choose paperback.
8.A book you didn’t finish...?
I think I always finish books, but I wish I hadn't finished War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy! It was awful! I will post a review soon.
9.How do you order your bookshelves/bookcase(s)?
It varies, sometimes it's alphabetically by author surname, other times it's by genre.
10.Favourite short story/novella?
I don't read many of these, but I enjoyed Barbara Erskine's collection of short stories in Encounters.
11.Do you count these in your books read total?
Yes. Although Encounters would only count as one.
Finally, questions from Bookaholic Corner:
The 11 questions for my nominees are:
1.What was the book that got you to fall in love with reading?
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S.Lewis. I also loved The Worst Witch series by Jill Murphy.
2.What's a book you decided to read by judging it's cover?
Matched by Ally Condie, it looked really interesting.
3.What's a book that you read, but did not like?
As I mentioned before, War and Peace - don't bother, people!
4.What is your biggest pet peeve?
See above :)
5.Have any funny jokes you wanna share?
I'm not good at telling jokes, I think it's better when funny things happen in everyday life.
6.What other hobbies do you have, other than reading?
I play the flute and I used to be in a concert band. I need to join a new one now that I've finished university.
7.What book are you currently reading?
Crossed by Ally Condie and Is it just me? by Miranda Hart. I'm reading two because I can't carry Miranda's book on the train - it's a heavy hardback!
8.What is your favorite book?
This is so hard!! I love so many books. I really love Persuasion by Jane Austen.
9.If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Egypt to see the pyramids. Or Rome, because I speak Italian and I have never been to Italy.
10.What have you always wanted to do in your life, but haven't done yet?
Go in to space... don't think that's going to happen somehow.
11.Why did you decide to start a blog?
So that I think more about the books I've read after I finish them. I think I remember them better now.
So, now that I've gone through all of those, my 11 random facts are:
1. I hate Marmite
2. I love chocolate
3. I wear contact lenses
4. I have flown a plane :)
5. I wish I could do magic
6. I'm doing work experience at Penguin publishers at the moment
7. I have a bright yellow 'Keep Calm and Carry a Wand' canvas on my bedroom wall
8. I don't really like the colour pink...
9. I cry when I get angry and hate confrontation
10. I hate clothes shopping - I know weird girl right?
11. I collect bookmarks from all the places I visit :)
My 11 nominees are:
1. My lovely friend Rachel at The One With Rachel's Book
3. The Readingista
4. Out of this World Book Reviews
5. Babbling of a Bookaholic
6. The Book Diaries
7. Sitting With A Book
8. Lost in Wonderland
9. In The Land of Books
10. Fantasia Books
11. The Armchair Librarian
My questions for my nominees are:
1. What are you reading now?
2. Who is your favourite author?
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. What is the thing you're most proud of?
5. What are your hobbies, other than reading?
6. What is your favourite film?
7. Chocolate or sweets?
8. Are there any books that you have started but not finished?
9. Do you have a favourite band? If so, who?
10. What was the book that got you to fall in love with reading?
11. What foreign languages do you speak?
Congratulations! Remember to link back :)
Happy reading everyone!